3rd and Race Stop now OPEN
Effective immediately the stop at 3rd and Race is now Open.
Important Service Changes Effective August 12, 2017.
Visit www.tankbus.org/connect/press-center/2017/06/12/service-changes-effective-august-12th-2017 and download your new schedule today.
Route 1X: Route extended to serve Mineola Industrial Area every trip. Bus will no longer go into Citi Bank or Houston Rd. Park and Ride.
Route 2X: - Now serving DHL & CVG Centre on select trips. Route will no longer connect to Dixie Highway.
Route 3: - Weekday time adjustments.
Route 5: - Weekday & weekend time adjustments.
Route 9: - Reduced trips. Rush hour only service.
Route 11: - Reduced trips and shortened routing to only serve Ft. Thomas during rush hour.
Route 16: - New routing extended to NKU, and will now serve Isabella St. in Newport. New weekend service.
Route 17X: - No longer serving Villa Hills.
Routes 19X & 20: - Eliminated.
Route 39X: - Reduced trips and streamlined, all day routing. New time point Litton Lane.
Route 40X: - Reduction in inbound PM trips.
Route 42X: - No longer going into Citi Bank or Houston Road Park & Ride. Mid-day time adjustments.
TANK on holiday schedule Tuesday, July 4, 2017.
TANK will be operating on a holiday schedule on Tuesday, July 4, in observation of the Independence Day holiday. We will operate a regular schedule on Monday, July 3, 2017.
TANK’s administrative offices, call center, and sales office will be closed. RAMP will also operate on a holiday schedule.
For more information, visit www.tankbus.org or call 859-331-3265.
Ride FREE tomorrow Thursday, June 29th, 2017.
On Thursday, June 29, TANK will offer free rides to all passengers riding both local and express routes for the entire day. We appreciate your ridership!
For more information please call 859-331-8265.
3rd and Race Bus Stop CLOSED
Beginning tomorrow June 27th, 2017 the stop at 3rd and Race will be closed due to the construction on the Brent Spence Bridge. The stop will remain closed until the completion of the project. All local route passengers should use the stop on 4th at Main. 39X and 40X passengers should use the stop on 4th between Walnut and Vine all other Kenton and Boone county Express passengers should use the stop on 4th at Postal Alley.
For more information please call 859-331-8265. We apologize for any inconvenience.
2017 Service Changes - Effective August 12, 2017.
Public Involvement and Budget
- TANK conducted public involvement for a proposed service change, in conjunction with the budget proposal to the Fiscal Courts. During the public involvement period, TANK staff held public meetings, informed current riders via on-bus communication, spoke to elected officials and discussed the plan at county and city meetings. We received dozens of phone messages and emails with comments opposing these service reductions. We also received many ideas for changes to the proposal for our planning consideration.
- Once the public involvement period ended, TANK staff went through all of the comments and ideas and reconciled them with the budget realities that have now been finalized by Kenton, Boone and Campbell Counties.
- In response to public comment, some of the proposals, specifically those in Campbell County, have been adjusted.
- A summary of the revised and final service cuts is below. These changes will go into effect on August 12th. Visit our website at www.tankbus.org for more details. New schedules will be available the middle of July.
#16/#11 Ft. Thomas/NKU – PROPOSAL HAS CHANGED
· The #11 route will be shortened and become a peak-oriented service, providing service between the north end of Ft. Thomas and Cincinnati in the early morning and later afternoon hours. The service will be geared toward meeting the needs of people that live in Ft. Thomas and work downtown. There will be no #11 service in the midday or in the evening. The route will not extend to the Covington Transit Center.
#20 South Newport— PROPOSAL HAS CHANGED
· The new #16 will be rerouted to Isabella St. to better cover the area currently served by the #20. The new #16 route will serve downtown Cincinnati, west Newport, Newport Shopping Center (park & ride), St. Elizabeth Ft. Thomas and NKU. This route will operate 7 days a week and run throughout the day. The area of the current #20 that operates south of 16th St. will be eliminated.
#1X - This route will now serve the Mineola Industrial Area (formerly served by the 2X route).
#9 Taylor Mill – No change to the initial proposal
· TANK is reducing service on the #9 route. The new schedule will have four A.M. inbound trips, and four P.M. outbound trips to cater to the majority of passenger travel patterns.
#19X Beechgrove Express – No change to the initial proposal
· The #19X route will be eliminated. Nearby park and ride service is available, served by other express routes.
#17X Villa Hills Express – No change to the initial proposal
· TANK will shorten the route at the Buttermilk Park and Ride, eliminating the Villa Hills loop.
#2X Airport Express – No change to the initial proposal
· TANK will simplify the #2X route to only serve areas on CVG property (Terminal 3, DHL, CVG Centre). The current Mineola routing with be slightly modified, and folded into the #1X.
#39X/#40X Hebron—No change to the initial proposal
· TANK is coordinating with some of the large employers in Hebron to refine the schedule to better serve shift times.
· The 39X routing will change slightly, to be the same in the AM and PM.
Memorial Day - Holiday/Sunday Service
Monday, May 29, 2017. TANK will be running a Holiday/Sunday schedule in honor of Memorial Day. TANK's administrative offices, call center, special service department, and sales office will be closed.
For more information please call 859-331-TANK.
Taste of Cincinnati weekend detours
Due to the Taste of Cincinnati starting at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, May 26th, 2017 until early Tuesday morning May 30th, we will be on detour. Several of our stops on 5th Street and Broadway in downtown Cincinnati will be temporarily closed. Check your stop for details.
For more information call 859-331-8265.
We appreciate your patience.
Cincinnati Police Memorial Parade - Friday, May 19, 2017.
Friday, May 19, 2017 from 10 a.m. -12 p.m. select stops in Downtown Cincinnati will be closed. Please check your specific stop for details or call 859-331-8265 for more information.
We appreciate your patience.
Flying Pig Weekend Detours
Express Route Passengers
Slight routing detours but no stop changes.
Regular Route Passengers
Please check your stops in Covington and Newport for specific information on stop relocation. Passengers traveling in Cincinnati should catch their bus on 4th at Main (Federal Reserve).
The Southbank Shuttle will not start operating until 12:00 noon on Saturday, May 6, 2017 due to the street closures in Downtown Cincinnati, Covington, and Newport. Once service starts at 12:00 noon please make sure to check your stop for additional information.
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 service on the Southbank Shuttle will start at its regular time but you may experience slight delays due to street and bridge closures. Please check your stop for further information.
For more information call 859-331-8265. We appreciate your patience.