Fare Payment and Front Door Boarding to Return on August 10
Beginning Monday, Aug. 10, TANK will resume fare collection and front door boarding on all trips. TANK buses are now outfitted with plexiglass shields to help protect drivers and customers.
The fastest and safest way to pay your fare is with the TANK Transit app. Cash fare and pre-paid passes are also still accepted.
Customers can purchase fare by downloading Transit app on your mobile device or have your cash fare ready when boarding any TANK bus using exact change.
Know before you go
To make your trip safer please follow these guidelines:
- Mask required. Face coverings are now required to ride TANK.
- Practice social distancing by providing as much space between you, other passengers and TANK employees
- Be fare-ready: if using cash fare have it ready and insert it into the fare box quickly then proceed to a seat.
- Use contactless payment. The Transit app with EzFare is free to download and allows riders to purchase fare anytime, anywhere. Tickets can be stored on your smartphone and activated up to 30 minutes before boarding. After you board the bus, just show your digital pass to the driver as you board.
- Cover your cough or sneeze. Wash your hands and avoid touching your face.
Face Masks are now REQUIRED on TANK
Face masks are now required on TANK buses.
Effective Friday, July 10, 2020, at 5 p.m., all TANK and RAMP riders will be required to wear a facial covering while on the bus or while waiting for the bus.
Children 5 and under are not required to wear a mask.
Thank you for doing your part to protect yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19.
In addition to wearing a mask or other facial covering while riding, TANK asks riders to:
- Spread out as much as possible on board.
- Continue to board through the back door, unless the use of a mobility device or mobility impairment requires front door/ramp boarding.
- Observe CDC guidelines including using hand sanitizer, washing hands regularly for at least 20 seconds, and covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
Southbank Shuttle and Route 35X - Not in Service
The 35X East-West Express and Southbank Shuttle routes are not in service, until further notice.
These routes will remain "closed" due to decreased demand, during the COVID19 pandemic.
It is unknown when these routes will resume.
Newport Shopping Center Park and Ride Closed New Location at St. Therese School
On Friday May 1st, riders will no longer be able to use the Newport Shopping Center as a Park and Ride due to the impending redevelopment of the property. Additionally, routes #25 and #16 will discontinue direct service through the Shopping Center parking lot, and will stay on Monmouth and Carothers respectively.
- For our park and ride passengers, St. Therese School (2516 Alexandria Pike, Southgate, KY) has graciously allowed TANK passengers to utilize their parking lot on a temporary basis, until the school reopens in the fall. Please see the attached map detailing where to park, and how to access the inbound and outbound bus stops. We hope to find a more permanent option during that time.
- For shopping center patrons utilizing routes 16 (IB) or 25 (IB and OB), please use the stops on Monmouth at Carothers. A new outbound 16 stop will be placed on Carothers at the Walgreens entrance.
TANK Encourages Riders to Wear Face Coverings
In response to COVID-19, the safety of our passengers and drivers is our primary goal at TANK.We encourage everyone to protect themselves by wearing cloth face coverings especially when riding the bus.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has stated that face masks could provide some benefit in preventing the spread of the disease.
Visit CDC.gov for more information regarding COVID-19 including instructions on how to make your own mask.