Ride FREE tomorrow Thursday, June 29th, 2017.
On Thursday, June 29, TANK will offer free rides to all passengers riding both local and express routes for the entire day. We appreciate your ridership!
For more information please call 859-331-8265.
2017 Service Changes - Effective August 12, 2017.
Public Involvement and Budget
- TANK conducted public involvement for a proposed service change, in conjunction with the budget proposal to the Fiscal Courts. During the public involvement period, TANK staff held public meetings, informed current riders via on-bus communication, spoke to elected officials and discussed the plan at county and city meetings. We received dozens of phone messages and emails with comments opposing these service reductions. We also received many ideas for changes to the proposal for our planning consideration.
- Once the public involvement period ended, TANK staff went through all of the comments and ideas and reconciled them with the budget realities that have now been finalized by Kenton, Boone and Campbell Counties.
- In response to public comment, some of the proposals, specifically those in Campbell County, have been adjusted.
- A summary of the revised and final service cuts is below. These changes will go into effect on August 12th. Visit our website at www.tankbus.org for more details. New schedules will be available the middle of July.
#16/#11 Ft. Thomas/NKU – PROPOSAL HAS CHANGED
· The #11 route will be shortened and become a peak-oriented service, providing service between the north end of Ft. Thomas and Cincinnati in the early morning and later afternoon hours. The service will be geared toward meeting the needs of people that live in Ft. Thomas and work downtown. There will be no #11 service in the midday or in the evening. The route will not extend to the Covington Transit Center.
#20 South Newport— PROPOSAL HAS CHANGED
· The new #16 will be rerouted to Isabella St. to better cover the area currently served by the #20. The new #16 route will serve downtown Cincinnati, west Newport, Newport Shopping Center (park & ride), St. Elizabeth Ft. Thomas and NKU. This route will operate 7 days a week and run throughout the day. The area of the current #20 that operates south of 16th St. will be eliminated.
#1X - This route will now serve the Mineola Industrial Area (formerly served by the 2X route).
#9 Taylor Mill – No change to the initial proposal
· TANK is reducing service on the #9 route. The new schedule will have four A.M. inbound trips, and four P.M. outbound trips to cater to the majority of passenger travel patterns.
#19X Beechgrove Express – No change to the initial proposal
· The #19X route will be eliminated. Nearby park and ride service is available, served by other express routes.
#17X Villa Hills Express – No change to the initial proposal
· TANK will shorten the route at the Buttermilk Park and Ride, eliminating the Villa Hills loop.
#2X Airport Express – No change to the initial proposal
· TANK will simplify the #2X route to only serve areas on CVG property (Terminal 3, DHL, CVG Centre). The current Mineola routing with be slightly modified, and folded into the #1X.
#39X/#40X Hebron—No change to the initial proposal
· TANK is coordinating with some of the large employers in Hebron to refine the schedule to better serve shift times.
· The 39X routing will change slightly, to be the same in the AM and PM.
Memorial Day - Holiday/Sunday Service
Monday, May 29, 2017. TANK will be running a Holiday/Sunday schedule in honor of Memorial Day. TANK's administrative offices, call center, special service department, and sales office will be closed.
For more information please call 859-331-TANK.
Taste of Cincinnati weekend detours
Due to the Taste of Cincinnati starting at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, May 26th, 2017 until early Tuesday morning May 30th, we will be on detour. Several of our stops on 5th Street and Broadway in downtown Cincinnati will be temporarily closed. Check your stop for details.
For more information call 859-331-8265.
We appreciate your patience.
Opening Day Detour
Starting at 11:15 a.m. we will be detouring due to the Opening Day Parade.
All Regular service passengers will need to catch the bus at the stop on 4th Street at Main the Federal Reserve Building.
All Express passengers should catch the bus at the stop on Race Street at 3rd.
People catching the Southbank Shuttle will need to go to the stop on 3rd Street at Main.
This detour will be in effect until the roads open after the Opening Day Parade is finished.
Please check your specific stop for details or call 859-331-TANK.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
TANK will be running a regular schedule on Monday, January 16, 2017 and TANK's main office will be open. In observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day the sales office in Downtown Cincinnati will be closed.
For more information call 859-331-8265.
TANK will test new routing in Downtown Cincinnati starting Monday, December 12
Starting Monday, December 12, 2016, TANK will be testing a new route in Downtown Cincinnati for all Boone and Kenton express routes.
We have received reports over the last several months that the congestion on 5th Street is making buses very late at some stops. In an effort to try to improve our reliability for express routes, we will be testing a new downtown routing that does not stop on 5th Street. This change may not be permanent – TANK will monitor arrival and pick up times to determine if the new routing will allow us to meet the goal of being more reliable. We will conduct a survey within the first few weeks of the detour to get feedback from our customers on this routing option. The survey will help us determine if this is a routing option for us to consider more permanently.
This change will mean the elimination of all stops on 5th Street for the following routes beginning 12/12/16: 1X, 2X, 17X, 18X, 19X, 21X, 22X, 28X, 30X, 31X, 32X, 39X, 40X, 42X
See the attached map for detail re: where to pick up your bus.
Routes: 1X, 2X, 17X, 18X, 19X, 21X, 22X, 28X, 30X, 31X, 32X, 42X
· in front of the Renaissance Hotel on 4th St. between Vine & Walnut
· 4th St. at Sycamore (old Wendy’s)
· Race St. at 3rd St.
Routes: 39X & 40X
· on 4th St. in front of the Mercantile Building
· Sycamore at 4th St. (in front of Skyline Chili)
· Race St. at 3rd St.
Plan to be at your stop at the time listed for ‘5th & Elm’ on your regular schedule. The time listed on the schedule for 5th & Elm will be the time that the bus is due to arrive at the 4th & Sycamore stops. Be sure to be at your stop on time so you do not miss your bus. The goal is for the bus to arrive much closer to the scheduled time, so be sure to be ready at the 5th and Elm time.
We appreciate your patience as we test alternate routes. If you have any questions or need more information, call 859-331-8265.
Downtown Detour Survey
First and foremost, thanks to everyone who participated in last month’s express passenger survey! Your responses factored greatly into TANK’s decision-making on testing our new detour downtown. We are reaching out again to get more feedback on the detour, so please take some time to fill out the following survey by Friday, January 6th. Once again, for your participation, you will be eligible to win a FREE one-month express pass. Thank you for riding TANK!
TANK Holiday Schedule
TANK will operate a Holiday/Sunday schedule on the following days:
Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24, 2016
Christmas Day, Sunday, December 25, 2016
Monday, December 26, 2016
New Year’s Day, Sunday, January 1, 2017
Monday, January 2, 2017
The Bus Stop Sales Outlet in Downtown Cincinnati and the TANK Office in Ft. Wright will also be closed.
TANK on Holiday Schedule for Thanksgiving
TANK will run a Holiday schedule on Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24, 2016.
We will be running a normal schedule on Friday, November 25, 2016 the day after Thanksgiving.
The Bus Stop sales outlet in Downtown Cincinnati and the TANK Headquarters in Ft. Wright will be closed on both Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th.
The Special Service office and the Information Center will be open on Friday, November 25th.
For more information call 331-TANK.
Honor Run Half Marathon - Florence
Beginning at 6:30 a.m. Sunday, November 13, 2016 until the completion of the marathon estimated to be 11:00 a.m. service will be detoured between St. Elizabeth Florence and the Florence Hub. The Florence Mall stop will be closed due to the race. Passengers should catch there bus at the Florence Hub or St. Elizabeth Florence.
Please check your specific stop for details.
We are reaching out to our Express passengers to get your feedback, on some of the downtown service changes that have occurred over the past year. Please take a few minutes to fill out the following survey by Friday, November 11th. If contact information is included, you will be entered to win a FREE one-month express pass. Your opinions matter to us!
Covington Transit Center Re-Opens
We are excited to announce the re-opening of the Covington Transit Center starting with the first bus on Wednesday, October 5, 2016.
Oktoberfest Zinzinnati detours
Due to Oktoberfest in Cincinnati this weekend starting at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, September 16, 2016 and lasting until sometime early Monday morning September 19, 2016 we will be on detour in Cincinnati.
Parts of 2nd and 3rd Street will be closed.
To catch a number 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9 and the 33 use the stop on 4th Street at the Federal Reserve.
To catch a number 11, 12, 16, 20 and 25 go to the stop on 5th Street at Main.
All Express passengers are able to use their regular stops except for the stop on Race at 3rd Street.
Southbank shuttle stops will be closed on Vine and on 3rd Street. All other stops will be open.
Heading to Oktoberfest use the stops on Walnut at Freedom Way or the temporary stop on Freedom Way at Elm.
We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.
For more information call 859-331-8265
Heading to Riverfest this year?
Avoid the hassle and get straight to the riverfront on one of our Riverfest Shuttles.
We will provide special Riverfest Shuttles from Northern Kentucky University (NKU) Lot E to Newport. Ride the bus from NKU and get dropped off and picked up at the intersection of Dave Cowens Drive and I-471 near the Port of Entry in Newport.
Return Park & Ride service will begin immediately upon completion of the fireworks. The last bus will leave 30 minutes after the conclusion of the fireworks. Please remember that TANK buses will be battling the traditional traffic gridlock and you may have to wait in order to catch a bus back to the Park & Ride.
The fare for the Riverfest Shuttle is $6.00 for adults and free for children (45” and under), round trip, and exact fare is required.
The Southbank Shuttle will stop running at 6:00 p.m. and WILL NOT resume until the next day
Anyone wanting to cross the river to Cincinnati should take the Southbank Shuttle. The Southbank Shuttle will stop at 6:00 p.m. and WILL NOT resume until the next day Monday, September 5, 2016. Please be aware that crossing the bridges into or out of Cincinnati is not possible right before the fireworks and for several hours after them.
For additional information about TANK’s Riverfest Park and Ride service or the Southbank Shuttle, please call TANK’s information line at (859)331-TANK (8265) or visit us on the web at www.tankbus.org.
Thursday Flooding - Late Service
Due to the widespread flooding and road closures throughout Northern Kentucky we are experiencing service delays. Many routes are running late. We apologize for the inconvenience and we are working to get back on schedule.
TANK on Holiday/Sunday schedule Monday, July 4th.
TANK will be operating on a Holiday/Sunday schedule on Monday, July 4th, in observation of the Independence Day Holiday.
TANK’s administrative offices, call center, and sales office will be closed. RAMP will also operate on a Holiday/Sunday schedule on July 4th.
For more information, visit www.tankbus.org or call 859-331-3265.
Construction in Downtown Cincinnati
Due to construction in Downtown starting Monday the stop on 4th at Wendy’s and the stop on Sycamore at 4th will be closed Monday-Friday for the next two weeks between the hours of 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Please use either the stop on 4th at Walnut or 4th at Vine.
For more information please call 859-331-8265.
We apologize for the disturbance.