TANK is now operating Senior Transportation in Northern Kentucky.
rider topics for seniors
To be eligible for service, a passenger must be age 67 or older. Proof of age (photo ID) must be shown each time you ride.
- Origin and Destination must both be inside TANK Service Area- No Service provided outside of TANK Service Area
- Monday through Friday, excluding holidays
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Only the following trip types are eligible:
- Medical Appointments
- Essential Services (grocery, pharmacy, etc.)
- Facility Transportation (Redwood, BAWAC, Senior Centers, etc.)
- Trips will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis and may be denied at the time of scheduling based on demand.
- If demand exceeds capacity, trips may be prioritized in the order listed above.
- Recreation, Social and other trips are not eligible.
Fare and Scheduling
- Fare is $8 one-way. Payment is cash only and is due when the passenger boards the bus. No tickets or passes are sold or accepted.
- Trips can be scheduled by calling 859-578-6949 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Trips can be scheduled up to one week in advance.
- A 30-minute pick-up window will be provided.
Call 859-578-6949 to schedule a trip.
Funding for the NKY Senior Transportation is provided by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet; Boone, Campbell and Kenton counties; and other community partners. The program is administered by the NKAAD and operated by TANK.